What's new

Welcome to GloTorrents Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Answer

Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic

Contact Staff

Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions

Help with Media Player

ragdollsrule

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Hi, would someone please advise me on this problem.
what I do is download to my laptop, then move it to a portable hard drive, then I plug that into a Media Player (WD) which is connected to my TV. I am finding more and more that I have either no sound or unable to play. I only have about 5 people to download from, and if they change their set up I wont have anyone. What I need to know is: What Media Player do I buy to play my portable Hard drives through my TV. My Western Digital media player is old, and it wont play any 265 or DDP and sometimes it just wont play ones that it should.
My TV is a smart TV, it all has to do with the Media Player I use,.
Please advise me which one I could buy, so I don't have this problem, I am an older lady and not to Tech minded, so please don't get to involved with Tech talk :)
Thank you and I really hope someone can advise me.
xx

Prom3th3uS

Administrator
Staff member
Junior Administrator
Super Moderator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Please advise me which one I could buy, so I don't have this problem, I am an older lady and not to Tech minded, so please don't get to involved with Tech talk :)
Thank you and I really hope someone can advise me.
xx

Thanks for looking forward to us, well, I'm not going to recommend to buy anything yet, there might be some other issues, not just Media Player. You should look into these things, That I'm going to mention try those things one by one and find out the actual issue:

1. Are you sure your Smart TV can play x265 and further Codecs that used to create x265 HEVC videos? here they are.
- Format = Matroska (mkv)
- Container = AVC (Advanced audio codec) and encoder also use other containers too.
- Codec = HEVC
- Framerate = VFR
- Audio container = AAC LC | A_AAC
- Audio container = AC-3
- Check your Smart TV specification, does it handle MKV, HEVC, x265 Format, and about Audio, AC-3, AAC (Advanced audio codec) Just check and note from Product site what kind of formats and codecs it can handle.

2. Instead of plugging into Media Player, try plug-in your Portable drive directly to Smart TV, I'm sure your Smart TV often have at least one USB port that let you plug in a hard drive, Portable drive, flash drive, or other USB storage device to view media files directly by visiting the Media folder from Smart TV. Try it maybe it shall play if your Smart can handle x265, MKV format and things I mentioned above.

3. About Portable Drive: Most importantly, A few portable drives or USB can't play MKV videos if the default File System is FAT32, so make sure what file system does your Portable drive has.

4. You can also try to Update Media Player if possible if it has further access to update via the internet.

5. Lastly, just to make sure an easier way and even faster, you can try this before looking into the above things.

- Search any movie/tv show you want to, Search here with movie/tv show title: https://glodls.to/search.php
- In results, Check that Movie/TV show should be in x264, Mkv, and the other should be in MP4. here I'm giving the 2 torrents one MKV and one MP4.
- MP4: https://glodls.to/stuber-2019-bluray-720p-yts-lt-f-10063655.html
- MKV: https://glodls.to/john-wick-3-2019-720p-bluray-900mb-x264-galaxyrg-f-9845428.html
- Download both of these, Copy/paste to Portable drive, connect to media player, Play them and see which one does play, if still both failed or at least one, then Like I said above, connect Portable drive directly to Smart TV using USB port, and go to Media from TV and play both files again, I'm sure they will get started.

I'm sure this information and guide shall help you to determine such things before buying anything. Kindly do let me know, no hurry, consider these things one by one, Number 5. is the first Try, after that start from 1. to 4. 👍

ragdollsrule

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Thank you for your much needed help, I will let you know how I go xx

ragdollsrule

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Thanks for looking forward to us, well, I'm not going to recommend to buy anything yet, there might be some other issues, not just Media Player. You should look into these things, That I'm going to mention try those things one by one and find out the actual issue:

1. Are you sure your Smart TV can play x265 and further Codecs that used to create x265 HEVC videos? here they are.
- Container = AVC (Advanced audio codec) and encoder also use other containers too.
- Codec = HEVC
- Framerate = VFR
- Audio container = AC-3
- Check your Smart TV specification, does it handle MKV, HEVC, x265 Format, and about Audio, AC-3, AAC (Advanced audio codec) Just check and note from Product site what kind of formats and codecs it can handle.

2. Instead of plugging into Media Player, try plug-in your Portable drive directly to Smart TV, I'm sure your Smart TV often have at least one USB port that let you plug in a hard drive, Portable drive, flash drive, or other USB storage device to view media files directly by visiting the Media folder from Smart TV. Try it maybe it shall play if your Smart can handle x265, MKV format and things I mentioned above.

3. About Portable Drive: Most importantly, A few portable drives or USB can't play MKV videos if the default File System is FAT32, so make sure what file system does your Portable drive has.

4. You can also try to Update Media Player if possible if it has further access to update via the internet.

5. Lastly, just to make sure an easier way and even faster, you can try this before looking into the above things.

- Search any movie/tv show you want to, Search here with movie/tv show title: https://glodls.to/search.php
- In results, Check that Movie/TV show should be in x264, Mkv, and the other should be in MP4. here I'm giving the 2 torrents one MKV and one MP4.
- MKV: https://glodls.to/john-wick-3-2019-720p-bluray-900mb-x264-galaxyrg-f-9845428.html
- Download both of these, Copy/paste to Portable drive, connect to media player, Play them and see which one does play, if still both failed or at least one, then Like I said above, connect Portable drive directly to Smart TV using USB port, and go to Media from TV and play both files again, I'm sure they will get started.

I'm sure this information and guide shall help you to determine such things before buying anything. Kindly do let me know, no hurry, consider these things one by one, Number 5. is the first Try, after that start from 1. to 4. 👍

- Codec = HEVC
- Framerate = VFR
- Audio container = AC-3

Hi Again.
This is what I have done so far.
I plugged the external drive into the tv and it would play the ones I know will play. But just skipped over the ones I know don't play.
This is a couple that I had trouble with:
the first one, just comes up with unable to play and msD was one that I looked for for my downloads, but I don't know what they changed, but nothing from them will play now
This one will play
Anything from caffeine will play
I tried both of the above through the media player and directly into tv.
I have not been able to find out the Specs on the TV as it is just a cheap one, I searched the web and am unable to find anything, so I guess it wouldn't be right.
I downloaded both of what you suggested and both worked through media player, I never have a problem downloading movies from YIFY.
I spoke to my shop where I get my TVs and he suggested to bring one of the drives in to plug into the tvs he has and see if any will play, as he is unable to tell me the specs on them.
When I told him about my problem and that I thought a tv was just a monitor, he said yes it is if I am using a media player, but not if I plug the drive directly into it. He thought my media player could not cope with what you suggested, I asked him if he could get me a media player that could, and he said no he cant. :(
I hope I haven't confused you and really appreciate any help you can give me
thank you xx

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8