What's new

Welcome to GloTorrents Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Answer

Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic

Contact Staff

Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions

Skillshare | Maya for Beginners Animation

Prom3th3uS

Administrator
Staff member
Junior Administrator
Super Moderator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits

Created by: Lucas Ridley, Instructor and Animator
Language: English
Released: 2019
Torrent Contains: 35 Files, 1 Folders
Course Source: https://www.skillshare.com/classes/Maya-for-Beginners-Animation/372561019

Description

In this course, you will gain an understanding of animation and it's fundamental principles while beginning to master the industry standard software Autodesk Maya.

The course will start with the total beginner in mind and then get progressively more complex so you'll be able to follow along and advance your skill as an animator.

There are four exercises we will use to help us learn:

• generic bouncing ball
• specific bouncing balls
• robot arm picking up a box
• walk cycle with the "Bones" character rig

Even though this section is a continuation of the "Maya for Beginners" course you can still start with this one if you're only interested in animation. However, I encourage you to check out the other courses as well. My recommendation, if you have the time, is to start with Modeling, then Texturing, then Rigging, and finally this course. But it is not required you take the other courses, it would just give you a broader knowledge set of Maya if you were to take the others.

Go to the Project page for the course to download the scene files. I provide all the rigs you will need to follow along. Thanks for enrolling, leaving a review, and don't forget to hit the "Follow" button on my profile to be notified of future courses. Thanks

Skills in this Class

• ANIMATION
• 3D ANIMATION
• CHARACTER ANIMATION
• 3D COMPUTER GRAPHICS
• FILM PRODUCTION
• GAME DEVELOPMENT
• MAYA
• CREATIVE

Projects & Resources

There are 4 exercises I would encourage you to do, make a playblast of them, and share them here. I will be giving feedback on any project that's posted here.

Start with the generic ball bounce, then do the bowling ball and beach ball test, then do the robot arm example, and finish with the walk cycle. If you want further exercises, watch the final 'wrap up' class where I recommend what to do next after finishing this course. Thanks for watching.

About Author

Hi! I'm Lucas and I make a living as an animator and director.

I'm originally from Kentucky but have lived all over the US and am currently living in Los Angeles, CA.

For the last decade, I've had the privilege of animating on movies like Avengers: Infinity War and directing short films for LEGO.

I love sharing in my courses what I learn from my pursuit in the film and game industry to help others achieve their creative and career goals....

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8