What's new

Welcome to GloTorrents Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Answer

Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic

Contact Staff

Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions

👍 𝒮σℓνє∂ Copyright ahhhh

SxBadboy

Hardcore Til I Die
+Lifetime VIP+
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Just a question for anyone in the know

i dont know if anyone has noticed but the uploader PMedia copyright owner locks (stating he is the copyright owner) all the music he uploads
now i'm no genius and not fully up to scratch with the laws regarding copyright but ....

if i'm not mistaken by doing so he is putting every site and person who has anything he has uploaded at risk of being sued,

years ago nobody did such an action to the music files in order to protect everyone, if its not copyright locked you got it from a friend or a cd and it was personal use not shared with everyone, so has something in the law changed that it is now allowed???

someone please enlighten me and stop my nerves

_.:=iTake=:._

Administrator
Staff member
ZeuS
Super Moderator
+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
I don' really understand what you're saying by copyright lock. can you explain a bit so we can answer this appropriately..

SxBadboy

Hardcore Til I Die
+Lifetime VIP+
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
if you go into the music file properties, under the details tab you are able to adjust parameters, like artist/album/track etc etc
well i always remove copyright as its not normally locked but pmedia seems to lock the copyright thus saying he owns the copyright to the music when in fact its owned by the artist or recording company etc so he is violating many copyright laws
now years ago when i started using peer to peer sites there always notice to never change the copyright or put your details (name or handle) in it
thus preventing breach of copyright
so has the law changed or is pmedia infact putting us all in danger of prosecution as i doubt pmedia owns multiple recording companies or is a multi millionaire who can purchase the copyright of every record he has put on the sites he uses

Hippy

Yup, still me, but who the hell am i.
Staff member
Junior Administrator
Super Moderator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
if you go into the music file properties, under the details tab you are able to adjust parameters, like artist/album/track etc etc
well i always remove copyright as its not normally locked but pmedia seems to lock the copyright thus saying he owns the copyright to the music when in fact its owned by the artist or recording company etc so he is violating many copyright laws
now years ago when i started using peer to peer sites there always notice to never change the copyright or put your details (name or handle) in it
thus preventing breach of copyright
so has the law changed or is pmedia infact putting us all in danger of prosecution as i doubt pmedia owns multiple recording companies or is a multi millionaire who can purchase the copyright of every record he has put on the sites he uses
Just to add a bit of info, I have had a look at what you have mentioned about PMEDIA being listed as the copyright owner just out of curiosity, and yes it is on every song title, But I have not found it locked and I can change it whatever I like using "MP3tag" this allows me to change any tag info including the "Copyright" so I have not found it locked and it is changeable.

Prom3th3uS

Administrator
Staff member
Junior Administrator
Super Moderator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
And you can also use 2 of these to do the deed, MediaMonkey or Winamp also known to Add/Edit/Remove tags.

Good luck!

SxBadboy

Hardcore Til I Die
+Lifetime VIP+
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
thanks guys i just using windows default, didn't know there were programs like above mentioned,
i did have winamp but it kept glitching out and closing for no reason so just deleted it, now use vlc so will try with that see if it works

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8