What's new

Welcome to GloTorrents Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Answer

Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic

Contact Staff

Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions

πŸ’  𝕆𝔽𝔽𝕀ℂ𝕀𝔸𝕃 KARAOKE ENTHUSIAST CHAT

sacot1

🌟 Valued Member
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
My issue with mega is that it is so slow, and downloading stops if that window is not in the forefront. It uses soooo much cpu, if there is anything else going on on my 'puter, it crashes halfway through. Yet, I understand why Scott used it, because it is able to hold the large file. And yes, a torrent would be awesome.
Yes it took me at least a week to upload this and i have to leave it on-screen for it to work too.
onedrive is only 5gb , google is 15gb but messes with the structure of the naming of the tracks.
If you have trouble downloading it try doing it when you have nothing else to do or when you go shopping or do the gardening etc etc you can download approx 5gb a day before it gets pissy.
you can leave it up downloading and turn the screen off and it still downloads.
Mega does have a restart if it goes off unlike Onedrive or Google.

I have put it on the forum because i don't want to share it on a worldwide basis, it will be there for as long as it needs to be
so if i find someone has torrented this it will be the last thing i share on this forum.

Last edited:

Esmir54

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Yes it took me at least a week to upload this and i have to leave it on-screen for it to work too.
onedrive is only 5gb , google is 15gb but messes with the structure of the naming of the tracks.
If you have trouble downloading it try doing it when you have nothing else to do or when you go shopping or do the gardening etc etc you can download approx 5gb a day before it gets pissy.
you can leave it up downloading and turn the screen off and it still downloads.
Mega does have a restart if it goes off unlike Onedrive or Google.

I have put it on the forum because i don't want to share it on a worldwide basis, it will be there for as long as it needs to be
so if i find someone has torrented this it will be the last thing i share on this forum.

Esmir54

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Sacot, That's a thoughtful and legitimate response. As for how you finished your post, I actually feel the same way about my BKD's. FWIW, I am getting some helpful information on useful workarounds though, so I have no doubt I'm gonna figgure this out without having a coronary. Sacot, you and BJ RULE! The rest of us are jus' minions glad to have a place to call home from time to time. Thanx for the Sofa King and I was thinking some time down the road, perhaps Zipper might make another good candidate.

Last edited:

Esmir54

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
A torrent is always the best option.

Onedrive downloads regularly fail and there is no resume.

Mega has limitations for free users but it does have resume. I have never experienced that downloading stops if the tab is not in the forefront.

Mega sets the limits using your IP address. So I find I can download by only selecting a couple of gigs to download, and after completing it I restart my modem, which gives me a new IP address, and select a couple more gigs to download etc. etc.

Most of the time by doing it that way you are not even required to log in.
A VPN gives you a different IP address, doesn't it? I should be able to do that by flipping off (or on) my VPN without running downstairs to the modem much less perhaps finding the network for all 5 TVs ... or at least only doing it half as much.

sacot1

🌟 Valued Member
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Sacot, That's a thoughtful and legitimate response. As for how you finished your post, I actually feel the same way about my BKD's. FWIW, I am getting some helpful information on useful workarounds though, so I have no doubt I'm gonna figgure this out without having a coronary. Sacot, you and BJ RULE! The rest of us are jus' minions glad to have a place to call home from time to time. Thanx for the Sofa King and I was thinking some time down the road, perhaps Zipper might make another good candidate.
No problem my man another big file tho'. Up next when everyone is done with Sofa King.

Esmir54

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
No problem my man another big file tho'. Up next when everyone is done with Sofa King.
I'll b a pro by then ... but until then, perhaps a 10 day eviction notice on the Sofa King mite be appropriate ... hehe

Chris F

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
A VPN gives you a different IP address, doesn't it? I should be able to do that by flipping off (or on) my VPN without running downstairs to the modem much less perhaps finding the network for all 5 TVs ... or at least only doing it half as much.
I only learnt about by passing mega 5 gig download restriction on Internet.It said pause your vpn when it gets close to 5 gig disconnect from your current area eg France re connect to another country and this changes ip address and this resets it back to another 5 gig.
Hope this helps.

wilkinp4

Uploader
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Large download solutions:
1. As pointed out before, download to MEGA (your own mega cloud, and download at your leisure from there. (Still took me 2 days, but hey! I wasn't in a rush!)
2. With the limits, I download on a seperate PC, so I leave them until they are finished, they automatically carried on after the 5 hour timeout.
3. IP address. You could use TOR browser, but a new identity will reset everything, you would need to know where you where before the reset. BJ may know about changing IP with VPN, sadly I don't.
4. Virus solutions. Add your download folder as an exception.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

wilkinp4

Uploader
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
I have quite a few and they come with some different prefixes, some should
be HSW rather than HSG - here's a sample

View attachment 1874
And others are HSCDG

I have 001 - 008, 020 - 024, 101 - 104, 201 - 216, 251 - 259

I have two diffreent discs HSCDG104 and HSCDG0104.

You'll also find them listed as SFHS, I have 215 tracks of those but not sorted
into directories - that'll happen one day.

SFHS because SunFly bought all of the company's stock when they went
bankrupt
Thanks BJ, appreciated.

From the bulk homestar download
1. The 2 HSC discs are HSW's
2. HSG003 and 5 are missing (was there a 4?)
3. HSW019, 103, 104, and 218 are also missing
4. and as BJ points out, I have a listing for 4 SFHS discs which are also missing, but there may be more.

Many thanks again for the downloads, Any offers for the missing?

BJtheDJ

πŸ‘‘π’―π”¬π”―π”―π”’π”«π”± ℒ𝔒𝔀𝔒𝔫𝒹>>π”π”žπ”°π”±π”’π”― 𝔇𝔍 ♬
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
BJ may know about changing IP with VPN, sadly I don't.
Hope this helps.
With a VPN your IP address will change every time you change your location.

I use Privado and I can change my location on-the-fly, just switch to the ap
and change your selected location.

Proggy gives you a couple of nice features, like a kill switch which suspends
all Intenet applications and browsers if you get disconnected from Privado.

Best feature is its Smart Route where you can exclude some progs from
using Privado - so that you can, in effect, have two IP addresses at the same
time - ie access my ISPs sites without passwords etc and stuff like BBC.

Chris F

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Large download solutions:
1. As pointed out before, download to MEGA (your own mega cloud, and download at your leisure from there. (Still took me 2 days, but hey! I wasn't in a rush!)
2. With the limits, I download on a seperate PC, so I leave them until they are finished, they automatically carried on after the 5 hour timeout.
3. IP address. You could use TOR browser, but a new identity will reset everything, you would need to know where you where before the reset. BJ may know about changing IP with VPN, sadly I don't.
4. Virus solutions. Add your download folder as an exception.

Hope this helps.
Changing location on vpn worked for me without losing any data downloaded with the 5 gig limit.

Renegade9111

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
missing track DCK129-5 please and thanks

paybpipty1

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Just a bit frustrated wit MEGA. Hopefully Sofa King will stay up forever because that's how long it's going to take for me to download it ... and I really want it! Just thinking out loud, do I have to spend about $11 to get this downloaded in less than a month ... or ... is it possible for somone to torrent it which would be f**kin' awesome! I'm 31% into the first 661 tracks and have to wait 3+ hours because it's 2.3 gigs and to top it off, I know it won't restart when my time is up so I'll probably have another senior moment, push the wrong button and have to start over.

Hi @Esmir54 Here's what ive tried with MEGA since I experienced that probelem too before...

1. use a vpn..( I use wireguard)
2. whenever you click a link from MEGA shared here, I hope it opens up a new tab, it will take you to the shared folder of the sharer
3. click the "SAVE to MEGA" (provided you have an account on MEGA)
4. provide your login credentials on MEGA
5. then create you folder to save/transfer it to until it's completes...takes just a couple of seconds.
6. after that, you can try downloading it...and not worry if the original sharer deletes the original copies since you already have it copied to your own account. or you can opt to download it at a later time.

Hope this works for you as well

BJtheDJ

πŸ‘‘π’―π”¬π”―π”―π”’π”«π”± ℒ𝔒𝔀𝔒𝔫𝒹>>π”π”žπ”°π”±π”’π”― 𝔇𝔍 ♬
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Hi @Esmir54 Here's what ive tried with MEGA since I experienced that probelem too before...

1. use a vpn..( I use wireguard)
2. whenever you click a link from MEGA shared here, I hope it opens up a new tab, it will take you to the shared folder of the sharer
3. click the "SAVE to MEGA" (provided you have an account on MEGA)
4. provide your login credentials on MEGA
5. then create you folder to save/transfer it to until it's completes...takes just a couple of seconds.
6. after that, you can try downloading it...and not worry if the original sharer deletes the original copies since you already have it copied to your own account. or you can opt to download it at a later time.

Hope this works for you as well
Great advise. Thank u.

DaveyDee

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Thanks BJ, appreciated.

From the bulk homestar download
1. The 2 HSC discs are HSW's
2. HSG003 and 5 are missing (was there a 4?)
3. HSW019, 103, 104, and 218 are also missing
4. and as BJ points out, I have a listing for 4 SFHS discs which are also missing, but there may be more.

Many thanks again for the downloads, Any offers for the missing?
Lol, I never said it was complete, just the collection I had. The naming errors probably crept in due to the ripping software i was using at the time auto-populating the Disc and Track fields. Sorry for any confusion, but I did those a LONG time ago!

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8