What's new

Welcome to GloTorrents Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Answer

Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic

Contact Staff

Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions

๐Ÿ’  ๐•†๐”ฝ๐”ฝ๐•€โ„‚๐•€๐”ธ๐•ƒ KARAOKE ENTHUSIAST CHAT

MissKitti

Elite Member
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mega.nz
Credits
๐Ÿ˜บ (y) My condolences to your ears @Rusty21

Rusty21

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
I'm in my 60's and am more into Rock (AC DC etc) and obviously 60's music. The music these days just doesn't seem to be as good. But hey I'm not knocking it, if people like music (even the current stuff) then great, it's good for the soul.

Rusty21

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
This might be a daft question but...โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.Are the MP3's needed to play in a Karaoke machine or will the CDG's do?
Thanks.

dental_guy1951

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ แดแด€ส€ษชษดแด‡ แด แด‡แด›แด‡ส€แด€ษด + โ€ขโ™ฌโ€ขโ™ซโ€ขแด‹แด€ส€แด€แดแด‹แด‡ า“แด€ษดแด€แด›ษชแด„โ€ขโ™ฌโ€ขโ™ซโ€ข
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
This might be a daft question but...โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.Are the MP3's needed to play in a Karaoke machine or will the CDG's do?
Thanks.
Rusty, most karaoke machines and programs play music in a variety of formats. In order to see the words you need to have graphics also available in more than one format.

Rusty21

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Hi, has anyone got a bit of advice to share? What is a good Karaoke machine as the one I bought had to be sent back. The mic was really bad, in fact hardly any volume at all. Even when turned up full.
Thanks in advance.

Rusty21

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Sorry but more help needed. I've downloaded the Karaoke files from here (Glo) and after unzipping them I've put them onto a USB drive. However when playing the sync is out by a good 10 seconds or more.
Thanks

_.:=iTake=:._

Administrator
Staff member
ZeuS
Super Moderator
+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
What problems are you having with the audio?

Out of sync, right . Which player are you using, have you tried using other players too?

Rusty21

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using a MKP200 from Mr Entertainer, I've tried using another machine but much the same. I put a few folders onto a flash drive and tried a few songs. But there was a 10 second lag between words on screen and music. Should I not be using folders and just have all songs on the root drive?
This is all new to me as it's a Christmas present for the kids in my family.
Thanks

dental_guy1951

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ แดแด€ส€ษชษดแด‡ แด แด‡แด›แด‡ส€แด€ษด + โ€ขโ™ฌโ€ขโ™ซโ€ขแด‹แด€ส€แด€แดแด‹แด‡ า“แด€ษดแด€แด›ษชแด„โ€ขโ™ฌโ€ขโ™ซโ€ข
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Well it seems to me that all the karaoke files here are available first on the main home page.

MissKitti

Elite Member
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mega.nz
Credits
Well it seems to me that all the karaoke files here are available first on the main home page.
That's where the links I gave are from @dental_guy1951, and @Rusty21 the timing problem could be due to format, try to play them on your PC and see if they work properly,
If so then it's a format issue with the karaoke machine, if that's the case let me know - I will download & re-encode them into a better format for karaoke systems, then upload them @Glo - I'll add the links here if that happens..

Rusty21

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Thanks MissKitti
I played them on the PC using Kanto Player and they are working in sync perfectly. It must be the karaoke machine that is the problem.

MissKitti

Elite Member
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mega.nz
Credits
@Rusty21 ๐Ÿ˜บ If they are from the links I put here for you, I'll check with someone I know that specializes in karaoke torrents - and see what format they recommend and then I'll convert them to a more suitable format for the karaoke machine for you :geek:(y) .

BJtheDJ

๐Ÿ‘‘๐’ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ฑ โ„’๐”ข๐”ค๐”ข๐”ซ๐’น>>๐”๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ฏ ๐”‡๐” โ™ฌ
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using a MKP200 from Mr Entertainer, I've tried using another machine but much the same. I put a few folders onto a flash drive and tried a few songs. But there was a 10 second lag between words on screen and music. Should I not be using folders and just have all songs on the root drive?
This is all new to me as it's a Christmas present for the kids in my family.
Thanks
Hi Rusty, I'm a little late replying to this - please forgive me. I don't get to these forums nearly as much as I should.

If there's a 10-second gap then that almost certainly means that whichever program that you're using to play is chopping off the silence at the start of the music.

With CD+G (karaoke) discs there is an approx 10-second period of silence at the start of the music during which the title screen is displayed, if you're using a music player which jumps past any silence then that is your problem.

That 10-second silence is carried over to all current non-DVD karaoke; I riop a lot of karaoke from disc and post it here - it's what you willl find.

Personally when working I use VirtualDJ which will play almost anything that I can throw at it (including music and graphics files inside ZIP or RAR archives); you can get it for free from their website, I paid $399 so that I'm legal when I'm working; at my home computer I use WinAmp with two accessories which:

1. Let me play CDG files which have exactly the same name as the mp3 file, in sync with that mp3 >>> in_cdda.dll (I think)​
2. Play ZIP files which contain an mp3 and a cdg file with exactly the same name >>> in_zip.dll​

If you have a further question for me here please let me know by PM so that I can get here and sort your amswer.

Cheers, BJ

Edited for spelling / punctuation

Last edited:

MissKitti

Elite Member
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mega.nz
Credits
BJ it's great to have you here with us, I'm a big fan of your uploads here and at KAT,
thanks for all the great quality uploads, and just for being awesome

BJtheDJ

๐Ÿ‘‘๐’ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ฑ โ„’๐”ข๐”ค๐”ข๐”ซ๐’น>>๐”๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ฏ ๐”‡๐” โ™ฌ
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
BJ it's great to have you here with us, I'm a big fan of your uploads here and at KAT,
thanks for all the great quality uploads, and just for being awesome.

I do what I can - on usenet I call it sharing the wealth, although I can't currently get there (will be sorted soon) - with torrents I'm not so sure id that's the correct phrase since there are those websites which delight in taking torrents posted freely and then removing the tags so that they can charge people for downloading them :(

Those people pirating us pirates are the reason that the tags on my cover and disc pictures have become larger and more difficult to remove recently; they're even removing the info^h^h^h^h Comments tags from pics, which most people don't even know about and many gfx prgs can't get to.

Last edited:

Malevolent

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
I do what I can - on usenet I call it sharing the wealth, although I can't currently get there (will be sorted soon) - with torrents I'm not so sure id that's the correct phrase since there are those websites which delight in taking torrents posted freely and then removing the tags so that they can charge people for downloading them :(

Those people pirating us pirates are the reason that the tags on my cover and disc pictures have become larger and more difficult to remove recently; they're even removing the info^h^h^h^h Comments tags from pics, which most people don't even know about and many gfx prgs can't get to.
I too wanted to thank you. I have been following you for several years. I appreciate all your uploads.

BJtheDJ

+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Please accept my apologies for having to delete my two most recent torrents and replace them with PROPER torrents.

A number of the track shad been badly ripped and I have now replaced them.

If you haven't seen them as yet, they are:

1. The new Mr Entertainer Chart Hits Update for Spring 2020 MRH20sp

2. New Zoom Pop Chart Pics for 2020 part 2 ZPCP2020-2

Moral to be taken from this; don't do other things when you're ripping

I thought that my new i7 computer with 32GB would make me invincible - but it turned out that I couldn't rip CD graphics discs and convert a couple of hundred AVI files to MP4 at the same time without problems.

BJtheDJ

+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Anybody here ?????

Seems awful quiet.

In case anybody has missed them I'm posting up a huge number of
Dancing Frog karaoke tracks now as a result of someobody asking me (in another forum on another site, but I dupe all of my torrents across 3 different sites) to fill their colleciton.

Don't turn your nose up at these because they're Home Made - they are very very well done, and better than many commercial releases.

JD Crooner, who produced the Dancing Frog tracks, died a couple of years back - so there are only 162 of his regular 'discs' plus anothe 10 that were specials - but that's just under 2300 tracks many of them not duplicated anywhere else.

If you need any fills then ask in this thread - don't PM me with requests for karaoke; this thread needs a little action.

BJtheDJ

+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Here's my new torrent of the latest Mr Entertainer Chart Updates series - Summer 2020

MCH20SU

for those of you that like DLing karaoke.

BJtheDJ

+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7