What's new

Welcome to GloTorrents Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Answer

Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic

Contact Staff

Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions

Pop-Under Ads ?. Seriously ?

ClemFandango

Administrator
Staff member
Junior Administrator
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Look, I've been around this 'game' for many, many years and I know how it works. I appreciate y'all want to make some money doing what you do and I have no issue with that.

I'll support sites with donations and clicks because I know server costs can be expensive and I appreciate the work the uploaders put in.

But adding pop-under ads that you have to click twice before you can actually access the torrent ?. Sorry, but no. It's a shitty way of doing it and it's the main reason I turn on the script & ad blockers.

barney 79

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Same here I even get some identified by Malware fighter as malicious

MissKitti

Elite Member
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mega.nz
Credits
I think it's not a case of making profit, but of sustaining the site, many people forget that it costs a lot of money to maintain and defend a torrent site guys, it's harder than ever to keep them online - and in some cases the only way sites can sustain them is to do paid ads,

however...
I'm not sure this is something that we have done though with the ads you refer to ? (I could be wrong)
- torrent sites often used to have issues with hackers placing ads, fake buttons or ads and redirection links
These types of hackers generally do it via your browser not from here,.

We are striving constantly to bring you new, original, or fun features - plus we constantly look for ways to make your journey here a better more convenient experience
We both value and appreciate your feedback guys.

ClemFandango

Administrator
Staff member
Junior Administrator
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
I think it's not a case of making profit, but of sustaining the site, many people forget that it costs a lot of money to maintain and defend a torrent site guys, it's harder than ever to keep them online - and in some cases the only way sites can sustain them is to do paid ads,

however...
I'm not sure this is something that we have done though with the ads you refer to ? (I could be wrong)
- torrent sites often used to have issues with hackers placing ads, fake buttons or ads and redirection links
These types of hackers generally do it via your browser not from here,.

We are striving constantly to bring you new, original, or fun features - plus we constantly look for ways to make your journey here a better more convenient experience
We both value and appreciate your feedback guys.

Appreciate the reply. As I said, I do get it. I understand completely that sites cost money to maintain and, as you rightly say, torrent sites even more so because of any potential legal costs that might appear.

But the way these ads have been implemented is, in my humble opinion, going to be counter productive because it'll piss people off and probably drive people to look elsewhere.

Can I offer a few suggestions ?

Firstly, look at the search results page. You've got two pieces of prime real estate to add some unobtrusive advertising.

search_results.jpg

Same goes with the main page - plenty of space to add in unobtrusive advertising.

main_page.jpg

Also, if you particularly want to add something on the torrent links, just make it a clickthrough ad link where people have to wait 5-10 seconds for the torrent link to become available.

In my experience, any kind of pop-up, or pop-under advertising, especially the kind that requires you to click more than once, is a huge turn off for people and will definitely drive them to look elsewhere.

And I'd add double to that last statement seeing as how you now apparently have to click twice to even access this very forum.

Last edited:

_.:=iTake=:._

Administrator
Staff member
ZeuS
Super Moderator
+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
I don't know why this post is even available to begin with.

You've heard of torrent sites shutting down each and every year. I'm not sure you know what goes into the daily activities of a torrent site.

The least thing you can worry about is pop-ads! We're getting attacks from anyone from everywhere that is pissed off.

If you don't wanna see ads just login to your account, it's that simple. I can't explain so many things that won't matter in this thread!

Your suggestions are welcome though!

Last edited:

ClemFandango

Administrator
Staff member
Junior Administrator
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
I'm not sure you know what goes into the daily activities of a torrent site.

I've said it twice already but i'll say it a third time. I do get it and I do understand how these sites work and their need for revenue.

But surely you must understand that if you're going to piss people off with poorly implemented ads that drive them to look elsewhere for their torrents that it is counter productive ?

Well thought out, unobtrusive ads don't bother anybody and would almost certainly increase your revenue a great deal. If these pop-under ads aren't bringing you in any kind of meaningful revenue, you'll have to ask yourself why that is ..

BJtheDJ

👑𝒯𝔬𝔯𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱 ℒ𝔢𝔤𝔢𝔫𝒹>>𝔐𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔇𝔍 ♬
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Look, I've been around this 'game' for many, many years and I know how it works. I appreciate y'all want to make some money doing what you do and I have no issue with that.

I'll support sites with donations and clicks because I know server costs can be expensive and I appreciate the work the uploaders put in.

But adding pop-under ads that you have to click twice before you can actually access the torrent ?. Sorry, but no. It's a shitty way of doing it and it's the main reason I turn on the script & ad blockers.

If you join the site and sign in then you won't see the ads, simples.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8