What's new

Welcome to GloTorrents Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Answer

Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic

Contact Staff

Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions

How to migrate my uTorrent install

BJtheDJ

๐Ÿ‘‘๐’ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ฑ โ„’๐”ข๐”ค๐”ข๐”ซ๐’น>>๐”๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ฏ ๐”‡๐” โ™ฌ
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
I'm in the process of upgrading from an elderly i7-4 laptop with 32GB, to a Ryzen
9-5900x with 32-soon-to-be 64GB.

I'm still on the old machine right now, I has 11 external hard drives 4 of them 2.5",
and the 7 x 3.5" need to come out of their cases and go into the new box, and I
also have to find all of the install files for all the little programs without which
life is not so easy.

I also need to migrate my uTorrent to the new machine without disturbing all of
the current install, I also want to move it away from the C: drive - I seed so much
that uTorrent startup delays the machine statup -
C:\Users\computer\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent has nearly 10,000 files in it.

My uTorrent seeds are spread over 4 drives.

What do I need to do to move my uTorrent install ??

cheers BJ

B4ND1T69

าšฮ›ลค โ„’๐”ข๐”ค๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ก๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ•ด & ๐•ฏ๐–Š๐–›๐–Ž๐–†๐–“๐–™ ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ˜œโค๏ธ๏ธ
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
You can probably copy the program files for your installed client onto a usb stick and transfere them over that way....then grab the .exe file for the utorrent client you have installed on your old system...and install it as normal on the new one...it should then check for "previous installs" and associate itself with your transfered files as if it was installing an update.(y)
It should work...but if it doesn't then you can delete the install and files from your new system and you haven't lost anything from the old one.
You should prolly keep your created .torrent files in a seperate folder in future instead of utorrent's roaming data folder as it will only get bigger and the delays will get worse.
Good luck @BJtheDJ ;)๐Ÿค˜

DarkAngie

๐ŸŒŸ๐’ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ฑ โ„’๐”ข๐”ค๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ก๐Ÿ‘‘ & าšฮ›ลค โ„’๐”ข๐”ค๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ก๐Ÿ‘‘
+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
if you are using utorrent use this tool to migrate to qbitorrent

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8