What's new

Welcome to GloTorrents Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Answer

Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic

Contact Staff

Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions

πŸ’  𝕆𝔽𝔽𝕀ℂ𝕀𝔸𝕃 KARAOKE ENTHUSIAST CHAT

BJtheDJ

πŸ‘‘π’―π”¬π”―π”―π”’π”«π”± ℒ𝔒𝔀𝔒𝔫𝒹>>π”π”žπ”°π”±π”’π”― 𝔇𝔍 ♬
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Could anyone help. Karaoke Version that I have downloaded from DaveyDee are labelled terribly. Are they all like that? Also he has some missing I think? Could anyone bare to check for me. I have loved all the other stuff I have got from his massive library though.
You're asking an awful lot of something that has been shared freely by
DaveyDee for everybody

There are thousands upon thousands of KV tracks, many of them in foreign
languages - and the only list of what's available is with KV themselves.

So no matter what you have or can get there's no way of knowing what
you don't have, and additional there have been some KV tracks which have
been wirhdrawn an no longer available (presumably copyright problems).

Just to mae things harder for us there are at least 3 numbering systems
being used; there's KV and KVD and there are different (but just to keep us
confused I think) numbers used by iCroons - but sometimes the numbers
that are seen on iCroons are the same as the KV website.

Go figure.

I have many thousands of KV tracks, massively duplicated, and it's taking
me a helluvalong time to sort through them, and to do so I'm using the
system that Scottie uses where they're listed by the artist rather than
the KV number.

It's not helped by the liottle changes that are made by people as they go
through there collections; f'rinstance there are three different types of
apostrophes and two different kinds of dashes; and some numbering
systems remove an apostrophe replacing it with a space and a capital -
so that don't becomes don T; and GoogleDrive which likes to replace
apostrophes with an underscore and the same with the ampersand (&),
luckily I have an ancient renaming program (which doesn't work
properly for me in Win10 but has uses which other programs don't do,
it'll automatically rename those underscores for a start :)

There's the kind person that renames every Fleetwood Mac (including
Peter Greens' Fleetwood Mac) as Stevie Nicks, and the otherone that
renames Yardbirds songs as by Eric Clapton (even the obes with
Jimmy Page on lead guitar).

And those that like to rename n artist with second name first - thus
creating mass confusion with multiple artists on a song.

Rant paused for the moment, 5 to One in the morning and the wife's
just put dinner on the table.

DJChad

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Credits

Hi. Is it your plan, leenew Karaoke, to make your collection available online as DaveyDee has once it has been completed with the kind help of many here? That would be great.

leenew Karaoke

Registered
Reaction score
Credits

Hi. Is it your plan, leenew Karaoke, to make your collection available online as DaveyDee has once it has been completed with the kind help of many here? That would be great.
Hi,
Yes it is.
It is taking me a heck of a lot longer to get it into a state that I am happy with though!!
Also, please bear in mind that I will not be able to please everybody. I don't think there is a universal way of doing things that is right for everyone.

Here is a rough idea what I am doing:

Taking each manufacturer one at a time, I have tidied up the folder structure so it is a bit easier to follow.
Renamed folders so they follow on more sensibly.
Loaded each manufacturer into MP3Tag and performed the following:

Renamed the disc albums themselves so they all are named properly and follow on consecutively. I took the naming at "Karaoke Shack" as a starting point for the naming convention.
Next I started tidying the tags.
Remove "THE " and "A " from the beginning of ARTIST name and TITLE.
Standardised all artists, removing "Feat" "Ft" "featuring" "with" "x" and all other similar references, leaving as little fluff as possible.
Checked for spelling mistakes.
Checked for ARTIST / TITLE being the wrong way round.
Correct and identify different versions of a song.
Remove all special characters which make it hard to search, such as beyoncΓ© or Blue Γ–yster Cult.
When playing a song, if it was completely the wrong song (this happened much more than you would think) then go to the album and correct all songs on the album.
Once happy, move on to the next manufacturer.
Once all manufacturers have been tidied up, load ALL the songs together and repeat the process.
So, now, hopefully, if you search for any song, then all results will look the same.
No more looking through ELVIS PRESLEY and PRESLEY, ELVIS for FOOL SUCH AS I, NOW AND THEN THERE'S A FOOL SUCH AS I, (NOW AND THEN) THERE'S A FOOL SUCH AS I. They all should be identical.

** Also, more controversially, I have removed the vast majority of full vocal-guide tracks.**

Next, I am looking through my own collection and replacing all instances where mine are a higher bit-rate.

So, this collection may not be for everybody, but it should be much *much* nicer to work with for a lot of people.
Also bear in mind, I am human, and I will not be able to catch every error.
I think I have made tens of thousands of alterations ,but I haven't listed to the vast majority, so errors will likely still remain.
One of my hopes is that errors will be reported and can be updated, to improve the collection for everybody.

When I am happy with my work I will upload it all. According to MEGA this will take 9 days at 24 hours a day!!! Is this normal? it is just over 1TB..

Lee.

DJChad

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
Yes it is.
It is taking me a heck of a lot longer to get it into a state that I am happy with though!!
Also, please bear in mind that I will not be able to please everybody. I don't think there is a universal way of doing things that is right for everyone.

Here is a rough idea what I am doing:

Taking each manufacturer one at a time, I have tidied up the folder structure so it is a bit easier to follow.
Renamed folders so they follow on more sensibly.
Loaded each manufacturer into MP3Tag and performed the following:

Renamed the disc albums themselves so they all are named properly and follow on consecutively. I took the naming at "Karaoke Shack" as a starting point for the naming convention.
Next I started tidying the tags.
Standardised all artists, removing "Feat" "Ft" "featuring" "with" "x" and all other similar references, leaving as little fluff as possible.
Checked for spelling mistakes.
Checked for ARTIST / TITLE being the wrong way round.
Correct and identify different versions of a song.
Remove all special characters which make it hard to search, such as beyoncΓ© or Blue Γ–yster Cult.
When playing a song, if it was completely the wrong song (this happened much more than you would think) then go to the album and correct all songs on the album.
Once all manufacturers have been tidied up, load ALL the songs together and repeat the process.
So, now, hopefully, if you search for any song, then all results will look the same.
No more looking through ELVIS PRESLEY and PRESLEY, ELVIS for FOOL SUCH AS I, NOW AND THEN THERE'S A FOOL SUCH AS I, (NOW AND THEN) THERE'S A FOOL SUCH AS I. They all should be identical.

** Also, more controversially, I have removed the vast majority of full vocal-guide tracks.**

Next, I am looking through my own collection and replacing all instances where mine are a higher bit-rate.

So, this collection may not be for everybody, but it should be much *much* nicer to work with for a lot of people.
I think I have made tens of thousands of alterations ,but I haven't listed to the vast majority, so errors will likely still remain.
One of my hopes is that errors will be reported and can be updated, to improve the collection for everybody.

When I am happy with my work I will upload it all. According to MEGA this will take 9 days at 24 hours a day!!! Is this normal? it is just over 1TB..

Lee.
That sounds awesome, and I'm sure everyone appreciates all your hard work.

BJtheDJ

+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
Yes it is.
<snip>
I think, and this is only my opinion, that you're making a mistake there, off
the top of my head I can only think of one Artist that starts with [ A ], and that's
A Flock of Seagulls - but certainly removing The is great; I have left The The and
The Who as exceptions that prove the rule IYSWIM.

With titles I think that you're completely wrong there, punters look for a name
that they recognise - A House is Not a Home, , The Climb, The Rose, The Best
Things in Life are Free, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance...

<snip>
Agree entirely, P!nk instead of Pink annoys me as well :LOL: together with title
and/or artist names all in capitals or completely lower case.

I've also started renaming any names with $ as part of them to an S.

It's onky a personal thing, but I also remove full-stops (periods for any
left-pondians here) - REM, Run DMC, KT Tunstall, TI, KD Lang - and just to be
awkward B.O.B. becomes BoB and Charlie XCX becomes Charlie XcX :devilish:

Elvis' "I Just Can't Help Believing" is another one that frerquently gets the
initial I chopped off.

While I think of it why have songs released by The Four Season, The Supremes
and Martha & the Vandellas all been renamed to Frankie Valli & the Four
Season, Diana Ross & the Supremes and Martha Reeves & the Vandellas.

Not forgetting that One Direction cast-off Zayn Malik, whose management are
desparately trying to get him known as ZAYN ; shades of Cheryl Coles'
renaming to Cheryl.

I mean, are those nonentites the equivalent to Prince and Madonna - who
were always called by the single name?? Only in their imagination.

Lee.

titchywoo

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
I think, and this is only my opinion, that you're making a mistake there, off
the top of my head I can only think of one Artist that starts with [ A ], and that's
A Flock of Seagulls - but certainly removing The is great; I have left The The and
The Who as exceptions that prove the rule IYSWIM.

With titles I think that you're completely wrong there, punters look for a name
that they recognise - A House is Not a Home, , The Climb, The Rose, The Best
Things in Life are Free, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance...

Agree entirely, P!nk instead of Pink annoys me as well :LOL: together with title
and/or artist names all in capitals or completely lower case.

I've also started renaming any names with $ as part of them to an S.

It's onky a personal thing, but I also remove full-stops (periods for any
left-pondians here) - REM, Run DMC, KT Tunstall, TI, KD Lang - and just to be
awkward B.O.B. becomes BoB and Charlie XCX becomes Charlie XcX :devilish:

Elvis' "I Just Can't Help Believing" is another one that frerquently gets the
initial I chopped off.

While I think of it why have songs released by The Four Season, The Supremes
and Martha & the Vandellas all been renamed to Frankie Valli & the Four
Season, Diana Ross & the Supremes and Martha Reeves & the Vandellas.

Not forgetting that One Direction cast-off Zayn Malik, whose management are
desparately trying to get him known as ZAYN ; shades of Cheryl Coles'
renaming to Cheryl.

I mean, are those nonentites the equivalent to Prince and Madonna - who
were always called by the single name?? Only in their imagination.
to add on to what BJ says. when i search songs i tend to use only a handful of wods like elvis help fall love. due to the range of names used by the manufactureres and record companies. i just find it easier that way. also sax n dotty show hoster uses the 1st 3 letters of words too. makes life easy.

BJtheDJ

+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
to add on to what BJ says. when i search songs i tend to use only a handful of wods like elvis help fall love. due to the range of names used by the manufactureres and record companies. i just find it easier that way. also sax n dotty show hoster uses the 1st 3 letters of words too. makes life easy.
It's not so much for my convenience, as for the convenience of punters, who I
sometimes let do a database search.

Hazz

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
It's hard enough to understand most of the punters as they are quite inebriated most of the time , then you've got the people who want to sing "wise men say" or "summer lovin'" & the ones who want to sing but have forgot the name of the song and the artist & the tune , then expect you to know which song it is :D

leenew Karaoke

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
See!
I told you it is impossible to please everybody lol!
I have done most, if not all of what you have suggested with the artists BJ.
What starts of as simple soon gets in the weeds with Artist names. It has got much worse over the last 10 years with modern artists.
The good thing about working with the entire collection all at once is that you can make sweeping changes quite easily, and it really is the only way to do it I think.
As titchywoo says, when using most DJ / KJ programs, the best way is to enter keywords as little as possible really. ELV PRES TED for instance.
All results should come up consistently which is easier on the eye.
A little caveat... Normally, when I work on a smaller collection, I do 2 or 3 passes. Once by Artist, then by title then maybe once more by artist to make sure I have things as consistent as possible.
I have done a full pass of the 170,000 songs by artist PLUS I have done some good filtering to catch difficult artists / titles, but I don't know if I have the energy to do a full pass by title. We shall see. Also, My eyes get tired quite quickly these days :cool:
I do still need some EZH stuff. I thought I had a full collection, but I was mistaken. I shall post a separate request for them...

Yeah, A Flock Of Seagulls, A Great Big World, and A Perfect Circle have all been left with their A...
I will have to mull over the THE titles... I have used "TITLE, The" for as long as I can remember. But then again, it is only *me* that searches the computer so I never bother typing "THE" when searching a title. ROSE MIDLER maybe.

As an aside, I can't think how to wrangle a command out of MP3Tag that says "if you see a title that ends ", The" then delete the ", The" and add "The " to the beginning. That's a problem for another day.

With all of this in mind, I am going to leave the collection unzipped when I upload it.
It is much easier to make changes that way.
So, if someone receives the collection and chokes at R.E.M., at least you know they will ALL be R.E.M. and you can change them all to REM with one command in something like MP3Tag.

It's a pity it looks as if it will take days and days to upload. Is there a quicker way?

The key with me is knowing when it is "good enough" or I may never finish it. :)
The backstory is I did all of this about 15-20 years ago and had a really neat collection on a hard drive that somehow went missing.
I never took the full collection out, but a small collection with one version of each song!
People weren't so picky back then.
These days it's "I ONLY SING THE ZOOM VERSION OF BLAH BLAH BLAH".....

Anyway, back to the database for another hour or two!

Lee.

BJtheDJ

+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
As an aside, I can't think how to wrangle a command out of MP3Tag that says "if you see a title that ends ", The" then delete the ", The" and add "The " to the beginning. That's a problem for another day.
The out-of-date program that I rely on so much will help you there.

It's called 1-4a Renamer, and hasn't been supported for years.

For your task above, go to the folder that you need to work on; check Replace
and then in the first replace box type [ , the ]; then below that, select (in the
dropbox) At End (you could check 'Last Occurernce - it's a matter of choide,
they do the same thiung in this instance, you won't need to check the 1 time
box because there's only one final word.

What that will do is to look at the end for a comma followed by a space and
the word the] and delete it.

After that check the box [ ] labelled Process only files which are currently marked
by X. Then go back to the first Replace box and change the entry to space dash
space ie [ - ], in the box below that enter space dash space The (that's [ - The ]
and then check the dropdown to 2nd Occurence and next to that check the
1 time box.

What that does is look for the second time that a dash appers with a space either
side of it and changes it stay the same but with word The (remember the capital
T at the beginning of the title following the dash between Arist and Title.

Then after you've put The at the start of the title, the [comma space the] at the
has to be removed; do that by entering , the )that's comma space the) into the
first Replace boxand blanking the second box.

Then check the dropbox to read 'at end'

It takes a lot longer to type these instructions than to actually do the job, it
just boils down to:

1a. Find the titles that you want to change.
1b. Check the box to work on only those titles that you have selected.
1c. Insert The at the start of the title.

2a, Search for those files that still have [, the[ at the end of the filename.
2b. Replace [, the] with nothing at all.

3.. Robert's your father's brother - Bob's your uncle :)

Last edited:

BJtheDJ

+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Yeah, A Flock Of Seagulls, A Great Big World, and A Perfect Circle have all been left with their A...
I will have to mull over the THE titles... I have used "TITLE, The" for as long as I can remember. But then again, it is only *me* that searches the computer so I never bother typing "THE" when searching a title. ROSE MIDLER maybe.
I agrre that that's the case when we're looking, but the punters look with
their eyes not (like us) with their fingers.

Punters want to sing The Rose, The Climb and that's what they look for in
the books (when we can be bothered to re-do them).

I'm tryna figure out a way of having an app for their phones which will give
them the ability to search like I do in VirtualDJ. I'm not website literate
so I'd have to get someone to write an app to access a database hosted
on my website - or maybe my home computer

Last edited:

sacot1

🌟 Valued Member
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Hi folks.
Hits of 2024 Part 1 Vocal Star...not sure why the remaining months from 2023 were never released?...unless someone knows different?
Enjoy!
Best regards
marti
do you mean these?
VSKCH2023 (01 to 08)
VSKCH2023 Party Hits 1-10

billy1

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
do you mean these?
VSKCH2023 (01 to 08)
VSKCH2023 Party Hits 1-10
If think marti means VS2311 and VS2312, Nov and Dec.
I never saw the last two in the 12 month series either.

billy1

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
See!
I told you it is impossible to please everybody lol!
I have done most, if not all of what you have suggested with the artists BJ.
What starts of as simple soon gets in the weeds with Artist names. It has got much worse over the last 10 years with modern artists.
The good thing about working with the entire collection all at once is that you can make sweeping changes quite easily, and it really is the only way to do it I think.
As titchywoo says, when using most DJ / KJ programs, the best way is to enter keywords as little as possible really. ELV PRES TED for instance.
All results should come up consistently which is easier on the eye.
A little caveat... Normally, when I work on a smaller collection, I do 2 or 3 passes. Once by Artist, then by title then maybe once more by artist to make sure I have things as consistent as possible.
I have done a full pass of the 170,000 songs by artist PLUS I have done some good filtering to catch difficult artists / titles, but I don't know if I have the energy to do a full pass by title. We shall see. Also, My eyes get tired quite quickly these days :cool:
I do still need some EZH stuff. I thought I had a full collection, but I was mistaken. I shall post a separate request for them...

With all of this in mind, I am going to leave the collection unzipped when I upload it.
It is much easier to make changes that way.
So, if someone receives the collection and chokes at R.E.M., at least you know they will ALL be R.E.M. and you can change them all to REM with one command in something like MP3Tag.

It's a pity it looks as if it will take days and days to upload. Is there a quicker way?

The key with me is knowing when it is "good enough" or I may never finish it. :)
The backstory is I did all of this about 15-20 years ago and had a really neat collection on a hard drive that somehow went missing.
I never took the full collection out, but a small collection with one version of each song!
People weren't so picky back then.
These days it's "I ONLY SING THE ZOOM VERSION OF BLAH BLAH BLAH".....

Anyway, back to the database for another hour or two!

Lee.
Are you unzipping the zip karaoke files in their folders and subfolders all at once?

Dutch1

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
I need your opinion on something. Has anyone heard Hart Karaoke and are they any good?

titchywoo

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
It's hard enough to understand most of the punters as they are quite inebriated most of the time , then you've got the people who want to sing "wise men say" or "summer lovin'" & the ones who want to sing but have forgot the name of the song and the artist & the tune , then expect you to know which song it is :D
Don't forget the ones that want to sing rolling! 🀣🀣🀣🀣

titchywoo

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Ok. A wee out there stab in the dark. I've sang wet wet wet temptation for some time. However the way they sing it live is outstanding. Has anyone got a live version of it? Even maybe a boot leg of it? I k ow it's a long shot. However there may be some anorak out there that has the same love for it as me and made one! 😁 a wee thanks in advance if there is one.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8